Everyone who has a small house, or a home with a small room wants it to be larger. Everything which is in the room counts towards the spaciousness instead of feeling uncomfortable and confining. Thankfully, there are some ways you can play a trick on the eye to make a smaller room feel bigger, without the mortgage to go with it. By having the feeling of added space, your room will be more comfortable to entertain guests but still be snug enough for a cozy and intimate space. Just by decorating or watching how your decorate can have a direct affect on the feeling of the room.
• Firstly, choose lighter colors for the walls such as yellow, pastels and obviously white. These colors help reflect and attract natural light.
• Avoid large patterns and multiple colors. A monochromatic tone should be kept throughout.
• Use mirrors to enhance the feeling of space and glass which you can see through, which stops furnishings from being hidden.
• Be careful when choosing the size of the furniture, to ensure the sofa or cabinets do not dominate the room.
• Use vertical space. Some small rooms can have high ceilings, therefore use tall bookcases instead of wide ones. If you can, use the walls for storage off the floor.
• By coordinating the furniture colors and walls, you blend the two entities together which gives the feeling of space. By using narrow lamps and firm furniture, as opposed to big, soft sofas, the room will have the appeal of being larger than it really is.
• Allow light in. Whether it is artificial or natural, the room needs light. With light colored walls and furniture, added light will reflect off them giving an airy feel. A dark room feels dingy and uncomfortable.
1. Incorporate white accents to brighten up a room.
2. Give your shelves a makeover by adding decorative wallpaper to the back section.
3. Adding yellow elements to the kitchen (such as lemons or flowers) creates the atmonsphere of Spring.
4. Say good-bye to boring pillows by replacing them with brightly colored fabric or pattern prints.
5. Update obsolete furniture with a can of paint to add a contemporary feel.
Read full article here: Oprah’s designer tips
It is a well known fact that in today’s world, people absolutely love coffee. It is also a known fact that it is quite expensive when buying just a cup from a coffee store. Have you ever thought about getting your coffee delivered to your home? If not why not? Each cup can work out to be as little as $0.25 and that is a huge saving on coffee store prices. You can really get much more for your money by choosing to get coffee from Kona Coffee as it is grown in a micro-climate in Hawaii. This gives a much more flavorsome taste as it is grown in an area of high volcanic activity meaning the soil is enriched with mineral-rich lava.
100 Pure Kona Coffee
Not so Ordinary Coffee
Coffee needs a certain climate to grow; one which is hot and wet. With fertile soil and mineral rich soil, coffee can really thrive. It is then handpicked and shipped to the US. You can get this same coffee delivered to your home, at a hugely discounted rate than coffee stores. Buying in bulk will also save some money.
Different Types of Coffee Available
One of the best parts about getting coffee delivered to your home is that you have the choice of many. There are varying flavors, strengths and aromas which leave your senses abused, in a good way. Pick and choose your favorite coffee bean and this will help you start the day with a smile.
It’s Not Just Coffee
Kona coffee which can be delivered to your home is a aromatic, gourmet coffee which leaves other types of coffee floundering. By brewing your own coffee you can have that rich scent in the morning, to give you a boost and really hit home why having a great coffee really makes the difference. No more paying inflated prices for coffee or having inferior types, choose your favorite and get it delivered.
Oprah knows what the public are looking for, especially when it comes to contemporary home décor. They want high-end luxury items but at a low cost. The craze has swept through Europe for the past few years and the US are cottoning on to the low cost luxury look now. Many people have children and pets which can ruin expensive furniture and furnishings, so if you can achieve the same style and look at a lower cost, then that is great, right? Of course it is, and Oprah is the one woman who shows us how:
Oprah’s tips on contemporary interior design
• Mixing eclectic design with modernity – Contemporary home design needn’t be expensive and top of the range things. You can achieve the same look by mixing antique furnishings from flea markets or second hand shops with modern furniture. This trend dampens any ‘fad’ as you are using old furniture too, meaning your new look continues to be long lasting.
• The green/eco-friendly way – Some treat the eco-friendly trend at the moment to just be a trend. It is more than that, it needs to be embraced and utilized and to become an everyday notion, especially in contemporary home design. By using sustainable products and organic designed items you are giving something back to the environment by not going for the synthetic items.
• Use colors wisely – A common mistake is to go for understated and dull colors. If you look at any luxury hotel website, top-end homes and stores you will notice there are brave dashes of color being used. Contemporary home design is not all about soft, magnolia walls and white leather sofas. You need earthy tones on the walls, depth in layers using rugs, pillows and canvases on the walls. Look through design magazines and pick out a room or style you like and use the color scheme they use. Don’t be shy!
Full article: http://www.oprah.com/oprahradio/Trends-in-Home-Design
When you have had enough of your home looking drab and not producing that ‘wow factor’ everyone craves, you have to stop and think where are you going wrong. It’s simple, find an online store whose only focus is interior contemporary décor, like Chiasso. Chaisso hold hundreds of amazing household furniture and décor options which can transform your home into a contemporary one in no time.
1. Interior contemporary design can be tricky design to master. Chaisso have researched and offer the most amazing pieces of furniture, that not only look great today, but as with many contemporary furniture, they stay fashionable for a very long time. From sofas, bedroom furniture, shelving, kitchen items and office equipment, Chiasso is really the first place you should look.
2. The interior contemporary design furniture does not stop there at Chiasso. There are rugs and pillows, mirrors, outdoor furniture and wall décor to really go the full distance in creating a super modern style.
3. Sectional sofas, sleek lines and a clean look are all part of creating interior contemporary design. Chiasso has a full range of household furniture which will blow your socks off. The furniture is durable, easy to clean, looks fantastic and is the perfect way for you to understand how to fulfill a truly contemporary look in your home.
4. Chiasso also offers accessories such as clocks, which are an excellent way to finish the look of interior contemporary design. Another great aspect about Chiasso is there gift center. You can surprise your friends and family with gift vouchers for use at Chiasso.
5. The simplicity of the Chiasso website allows you to create a new look for your home and the pictures help you imagine what the interior contemporary design furniture will look like in your home perfectly.
When you are planning on moving home, the worst thing you can do is not prepare it for the big sale. Many potential homeowners do not get passed the first impression. What won’t increase the value of your home is having a worn out sofa or a dated kitchen appliance, unfortunately many buyers will be put off, even if you are taking those older furnishings with you. To prepare a home for sale by decorating, you will certainly increase the value of your home. Remember that some buyers will have their furniture ready to move in, but if your furniture is differently shaped or of a different style, they might not be able to visualize what the home will be like after you move out. Here are a few things you should do:
1. Paint the walls a neutral color, any colors which are too bold will instantly put someone off. The buyers will have all of the costs involved in buying a home and won’t want to paint it straight away when they move in. If you do it for them, you sell it faster and also increase the value of your home.
2. Another way to increase the value of your home is to remove or replace the older looking furniture. You can rent furniture or try and borrow some just when viewings are being held. It may seem odd, but your home will sell faster and for a higher amount.
3. De-clutter the rooms, remember you are trying to sell it and if you have to live slightly differently to how you are used to, it won’t be for long. Think of the way hotels always have neat and tidy rooms, your house should mimic this and with it you will increase the value of your home.
After reading through numerous magazines on modern home décor, you find that changing your front door will do much for your home improvement. After all, it is the first thing people notice when driving by your home. It would only stand to reason that front doors are the first invitation for anyone entering.
How can you add polish to your front door and do you have to replace your door to do so? There are some things you can do to add a modern home décor to your front door.
If having to stick to a budget is important, than consider repainting your front door. A lot of paint is not needed to dress up a front door so you can use your creative abilities with minimal money outlay. The front door should be highlighted, not any other part of the house.
If you don’t want to change the color, than hang a wreath which creates good cheer. You can build your own or purchase one with a theme that suits your lifestyle. People will feel more welcome when visiting you.
If a wreath is not quite your choice, than accessorize with brass. There are so many choices to choose from. Even a brass handle and knocker can create excellent curb appeal. Anything shiny will look great and arouse passerby interest.
If you are not inclined to dress up your front door, than placing plants next to the door will soften and accent the porch area.
Modern home décor doesn’t have to cost an arm and leg. Literally replacing your front door or just painting it will create more than a glance from people. Even a wreath or brass accessories will do the job as will added plants. Spring is home improvement month and you don’t have to go broke to dress up your front door.
While some of us struggle to find that contemporary feel in our homes, it can be achieved quite easily with the correct form of home décor lighting. Clean lines and sleek looking furniture may be out of some people’s budgets, but working with what you have and adding in chic looking interior lamps and lights can help catch that look we all crave. Home décor lighting is one of the most powerful ways to achieve that contemporary feeling and it also adds warmth as well as a confident look.
What Do I Need Then?
If we focus on your living room, de-cluttering and having everything in a very orderly and neat fashion is just the start of obtaining that contemporary feel. Home décor lighting is the next step. Whether you go for chrome, aluminum or glass furniture, having accent lighting, ceiling lighting or floor lamps which are useful as well as looking very modern is the best way. A suspended light, a chrome arched lamp or a funky light will help achieve the contemporary look.
How Do I Know What’s Contemporary?
If it is sleek looking and neat, it’s probably going to help achieve that contemporary look. Home décor lighting is always about personal taste, but look for pristine, polished, puzzled or twisted lamps which could be slightly retro looking and you have the right one. It might take some looking but retailers know that contemporary look is what people are after and usually have a huge choice.
What is New for Contemporary Design?
Home décor lighting has taken a even shinier look lately. The metallic sheen of new lamps, whether they are table lamps or office desk lamps, have taken the industry by storm. By blending the metallic finish with your furniture, contemporary design has never been so easy.
Need Help? Every item is modern at chiasso.com
Because of your hard work, your home has acquired that interior contemporary design and now you will need to decide what color you should paint the walls. If your choice is a basic white color for your walls, than you can add color to your room through added contemporary décor.
With an interior contemporary design you can use anything from neutral paint to black and white and/or bold colors. Walls and windows look the best when painted with pastel colors. If your personality lends towards bold colors, than go ahead and paint the walls with bold colors.
You don’t want to use too many colors while working on your interior contemporary design. If bright colors are on the walls, than the furniture and the accessories should be in neutral color and designed with simplicity in mind.
When deciding on paint for the walls, the newly built furniture, with an interior contemporary design, can be painted with milk paint which is casein based paint and has been around for many years. It is durable and easily made. A home recipe includes curdled milk, hydrated lime and coloring from iron oxide or wild berries. Milk paint forms a skin on wood which soaks readily into raw wood. Raw wood usually doesn’t crack and the wear patterns are the result of everyday life.
Now that you have picked out your furniture and have decided on the paint for your walls, your interior contemporary design can be completed. Neutral colored walls allows for more colors in fabrics, upholstery, throw rugs and accessories. You want to avoid a room that is sterile or cold looking. On the other hand, you don’t want to overdo the colors in your décor. A happy medium has to be achieved and the cluttered look should not be incorporated in any room.
Blending French country furniture into a contemporary country home can by quite tricky but can be done. Since French country furniture has that vintage look, it can be adapted to more modern tastes.
A contemporary country home possesses cleaner architectural lines whereas French country furniture usually has carved out motifs detailed with flower or fruit. Without having to purchase many furniture pieces, you can maintain that out in the country feel.
Dining room tables are usually designed to accommodate large gatherings. They can come in beige, light brown, white or green. Cabinets are usually purchased to compliment a French country cabinet in which you can store your silverware or china. By decorating this way, this one particular room has a defined era.
If your bedroom is in dire need of new furniture you will need to know that color combination is unique when thinking about French country furniture in a contemporary home. The wood used is polished to a sparkling finish. The most used color combination is gold and blue/purple. Many such furniture is made from veneers, though there are some made from solid oak and even walnut wood. Again, what you buy will depend on the amount you have budgeted.
Where it gets a bit tricky when designing and furnishing your home is the type of upholstery and color that is going to be used. Since the primary material used in French country furniture is wood, upholstery usually is worked around it. Chairs, desks, and sofas are varnished and seats and arms are upholstered for added comfort.
A contemporary home in the country can easily accommodate French country furniture and do so quite well. Bringing a little bit of the outdoors indoors will contribute to that country feel and still maintain the vintage aspect of this unique furniture.